- 2 medium broccoli crowns, florets separated (2 ½ cups)
- ½ large yellow or red onion, quartered and thinly sliced (1 ½ cups)
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced into bite-size pieces (1 ½ cups)
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 8 oz. (½ lb.) spaghetti or Chinese egg noodles
- 1 to 2 Tbs. red curry paste
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ½ cup cilantro or mint leaves
- 2 limes, halved, for garnish
1 Set rack in top third of oven, and preheat oven to 425°F. Toss broccoli, onion, and bell pepper separately with 1 Tbs. oil each to coat. Separate oil-coated vegetables, each on one-third section of baking sheet. Roast 10 minutes, or until vegetables are just tender with slight bits of brown. Stir vegetables separately to turn, then roast 3 to 5 minutes more, or until al dente and only lightly colored.
2 Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
3 Cook curry paste in large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat 2 minutes, or until fragrant and lightly browned. Quickly whisk in broth, then coconut milk. Add roasted bell peppers and onions to pot, and bring soup to a simmer, then stir in lime juice. Divide pasta among four soup bowls, then ladle soup over each. Top each bowl with ½ cup broccoli, ¼ cup bean sprouts, and 2 Tbs. cilantro. Garnish with lime halves.