Paneer is best mashed with the hands. Add little bit of water to it if it is tough. Preferably, fresh paneer should be used.
Paneer, mashed (1 cup)
Tomatoes, finely chopped (2)
Onion, finely chopped (2)
Haldi Turmeric Powder (1 tsp)
Garam masala powder (1 tsp)
Cumin seeds (jeera) (1/2 tsp)
Ginger-garlic paste (adrak-lassan paste) (1 tsp)
Green chilli, finely chopped (4)
Lal Mirch Red Chilli Powder (1/2 tsp)
Coriander leaves (hara dhania), finely chopped (Optional)
Oil (1 tbsp)
Salt (To taste)
- Heat oil in a pan, add jeera to it. As it sizzles, add ginger-garlic paste and green chillies.
- Then, add chopped onion and sauté for a minute. Add tomatoes and cook till the oil begins to separate and the mixture turns into a thick gravy.
- Cook on low flame for two minutes and add salt, MTR red chilli powder and MTR Haldi powder.
- Now, add paneer and water and cook for two minutes on low flame. Add garam masala powder and cook for a minute.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.