Just make sure you serve masala tikadia immediately after cooking to ensure the best texture and maximum flavour.
- Whole wheat flour (atta) (1 cup)
- Salt to taste (1 tbsp)
- Desi ghee (2 tbsp)
- Cumin seeds (jeera), crushed (1 tsp)
- MTR Lal Mirch Red Chilli Powder (1 tsp)
- In a paraat, combine atta and salt and knead into soft dough using sufficient water.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions. Keep it aside.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a circle with approx. 6-inch diameter.
- Smear a little ghee and sprinkle jeera and MTR Lal Mirch Red Chilli Powder over it.
- Fold the tikadia and roll it like a cylinder. Press a little with your fingers when doing so.
- Again, roll out each portion into a circle, this time of about 5-inch diameter.
- Cook the tikadias on a hot tawa using a little ghee to cook until both sides turn golden brown.
- Repeat for the remaining dough circles and serve hot.