The best chutney is made using fresh and young coriander leaves. Remember to retain only the soft stems along with the leaves. In the absence of amchur (raw mango powder), one can use either lemon juice or tamarind paste as a souring agent.
- Coriander leaves (hara dhania), chopped(2 cups)
- Garlic (lahsun) (1 pod)
- Mint leaves (pudina), optional (8 to 10)
- Tomato, chopped (1)
- Salt (to taste)
- Cumin seeds (jeera) (¼ tsp)
- Green chillies (hari mirch) (1)
- Raw mango powder (amchur) (½ tsp)
- Sugar (¼ tsp)
- Pluck the hara dhania patta from the stems. Discard the stems if they are hard. Wash thoroughly and chop.
- In a mixer-grinder, work up all the ingredients along with the hara dhania and a little bit of water, if required.
- Serve fresh with Tahiri.