Instant coffee powder or you can also make the decoction with any ground coffee beans. to make the decoction, you will need to heat water. then brew through a percolator or french press or even our very south indian coffee filter.
1.5 tablespoons instant coffee
¼ cup water, 62.5 ml
4 tbsp sugar or as required
2.5 cups milk, 625 ml
1 or 2 vanilla ice cream scoops for the milkshake
3 to 6 vanilla ice cream scoops for topping
4 to 5 ice small cubes
- in a small bowl, take 1.5 tbsp instant coffee.
- add ¼ cup warm or slightly hot water. mix very well with a spoon.
- now pour this mixture in a blender jar.
- add 4 tbsp sugar. you can add sugar as per your taste.
- blend for a minute or till the coffee solution becomes frothy and the color lightens a bit.
- now add 4 to 5 small ice cubes.
- add 1 or 2 vanilla ice cream scoops.
- pour 2.5 cups chilled milk.
- blend once more till everything is mixed well and you get a nice froth on top.
- pour in glasses.
- keep some space on top for the ice cream scoops.
- now place 1 or 2 ice cream scoops.
- serve cold coffee with ice cream immediately.
You can substitute coffee with drinking chocolate or cocoa powder and make a chocolate milkshake with ice cream.
almond milk or soy milk can be used instead of dairy milk.