BMW has launched the 6 Series Gran Turismo in a new diesel model variant – 620d. The BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo 620d retails at INR 63,90,000*.
The BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo diesel was previously available in only the 630d model variant, which was priced from INR 66,50,000* at launch (June 2018). Now, the starting price of the 630d has gone up to INR 68,90,000*, and so, a cheaper variant makes even more sense.
The BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo 620d employs a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder diesel engine that produces 190 PS at 4,000 rpm and 400 Nm of torque at 1,750-2,500 rpm. The 8-speed Steptronic automatic transmission directs power to the rear wheels. A 0-100 km/h speed run takes 7.9 seconds. The best this configuration can do is 220 km/h.
BMW offers the entry-level 6 Series Gran Turismo diesel in only the Luxury Line equipment line, which comes with numerous chrome applications, sports leather steering, aluminium door sill plates, exclusive fine wood interior trim, 8.8-inch digital instrument display, 10.25-inch BMW Navigation Professional touchscreen infotainment system with wireless Apple CarPlay and more.
Exterior colour choices include Mineral White, Glacier Silver, Mediterranean Blue and Royal Burgundy Red brilliant effect. There are four different upholstery combinations available, mentioned in the list below:
- ‘Dakota’ Canberra Beige exclusive stitching/piping in contrast
- Canberra Beige, Leather ‘Dakota’ Cognac exclusive stitching/piping in contrast
- Black and Leather ‘Dakota’ Ivory White exclusive stitching/piping in contrast
- Black/Dark Coffee.
In related news, BMW launched the all-new Z4 in India earlier this week. Next month, it will launch the all-new X5 in our market.
BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo – Prices*
- 630i Gran Turismo Luxury Line – INR 63,90,000
- 620d Gran Turismo Luxury Line – INR 63,90,000
- 630d Gran Turismo Luxury Line – INR 68,90,000
- 630d Gran Turismo M Sport – INR 73,90,000